Prepare Your HVAC System for a Hot Summer
For Tampa winter residents who live the seasonal lifestyle of snowbirds, migrating back up north during the scorching summer months, proper preparation of their HVAC systems before departure is essential. Before leaving town for several months, snowbirds should consider adjusting their thermostat settings to conserve energy while maintaining a comfortable indoor environment. Gradually raising the temperature a few degrees higher than usual can lead to significant energy savings without compromising the integrity of the home.
Additionally, it’s crucial for seasonal residents to perform routine maintenance on their HVAC systems before leaving for an extended period. This includes:
- Replacing air filters with fresh, high quality filters.
- Put fresh batteries in your thermostat every year.
- Securing the outdoor unit is equally important, as Tampa’s climate can bring heavy rains and storms.
- Covering the unit with a waterproof AC tarp or utilizing a purpose-built cover can shield it from the elements, preventing potential damage.
- Consider professional, pre-summer AC maintenance to insure your HVAC system and thermostat keeps working as they should while you’re away
To further safeguard their homes, snowbirds should consider installing a smart thermostat that allows remote monitoring and adjustment of the HVAC system. This technology enables them to manage the indoor climate from afar, ensuring a comfortable return to Tampa while optimizing energy efficiency. By implementing these HVAC tips for snowbirds, seasonal Tampa residents can enjoy peace of mind knowing that their homes are protected and their HVAC systems are well-prepared during their seasonal hiatus.
Call 3H AC of Tampa to schedule a pre-departure maintenance tune-up to make sure your very expensive AC unit is in tip top shape when you return next winter!